Position: Director, Warde Medical Laboratory – Trinity Health
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
COORS Healthcare Solutions invites you to explore an exciting and rewarding opportunity with our client, Trinity Health for the Director, Warde Medical Laboratory in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our client is seeking a collaborative, innovative, business leader who can continue to grow and develop clinical reference laboratory services.
Warde Medical Laboratory provides esoteric testing in a state-of-the-art facility, populated with highly-trained personnel under the leadership of internationally-known pathologists. Unlike other reference testing laboratories, a different mission guides the business model. Warde Medical Laboratory deliberately operates on a lower profit margin to reduce the cost of testing and fulfill its mission to improve the quality of healthcare in the communities they serve. Warde Medical Laboratory has a non-profit counterpart, Michigan Co-Tenancy Laboratory (MCL) the dual use of the facility increases the volume of tests that are conducted in the laboratory. www.wardelab.com
The Director, of Warde Medical Laboratory, leads and directs all clinical laboratory operations. Including, scientific and technical operations, client services, laboratory information systems, sales, marketing, building maintenance and all fiscal activities of the laboratory. Trinity Health is seeking an executive candidate who will work closely with all key stakeholders to develop results-oriented cost reduction strategies and implementation plans; while simultaneously developing high performing talent to establish a progressive integrated Laboratory organization. The successful candidate will be a thought leader, one that has a passion for reducing total cost, along with demonstrated success in development and implementation of new systems, training, and creative problem-solving.
The ideal candidate must possess a comprehensive knowledge of Clinical Reference Laboratory operations management and Laboratory practices.
- MBA, ASCP, or Doctoral degree from an accredited college/university in Chemical, biological. Medical or another relevant scientific field.
- Minimum five (5) years’ management experience in a scientific field and a minimum of two years’ experience in business management of a laboratory.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Organizational and project management experience with process improvement, Lean/ Six Sigma, consulting, selling, management of and accountability for growing reference laboratory services.
- Must be comfortable in an operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Trinity Health.
- Competitive Compensation, benefits, relocation offered with role
Ann Arbor, Michigan – Is located in Southeast Michigan, 45 miles west of Detroit and 35 miles north of the Ohio border. Ann Arbor is the home to the University of Michigan, one of the country’s most prestigious public universities. Ann Arbor provides unmatched cultural opportunities, fine dining, and world class attractions.